• 1.8V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
• 1.2V to 5.5V Output Voltage Range (Fixed and Adjustable)
• Up to 96% Efficiency
• Less than 50μA Quiescent Current
• Output Current at 3.3V:
Up to 1200mA in Buck Mode (VIN = 3.6V to 5.5V)
Up to 800mA in Boost Mode (VIN > 2.4V)
• Real Buck, Boost and Buck-Boost Modes
• Automatic Mode Transition
• Auto PFM and Forced PWM Selectable
• External Clock Synchronization
• True Shutdown Function with Load Disconnect
• OTP Protection
• Available in a Green TDFN-3×3-10L Package
The SGM62112 is a fully-integrated synchronous Buck-Boost converter which is capable of operating from 1.8V to 5.5V input and suitable for battery powered applications such as 1-cell Li-ion battery, 2-cell or 3-cell Alkaline/NiMH batteries. The device supports up to 1200mA output current at higher than 3.6V input voltage, and 800mA output current at higher than 2.4V input voltage.
The SGM62112 adopts the current mode control with a fixed 1.4MHz switching frequency to regulate the output voltage. In addition, the SGM62112 offers configurable light load PWM (pulse width modulation) operation or auto PFM (pulse frequency modulation) mode via MODE/SYNC pin configuration. PFM mode enables higher light load efficiency, while forced PWM operation ensures constant switching frequency throughout entire load range.
The SGM62112 offers various protection features to improve device robustness such as soft-start to reduce inrush current during startup, cycle-by-cycle over-current protection and thermal shutdown protection. In addition, the device features true load disconnect when the EN pin is pulled low.
The SGM62112 is available in a Green TDFN-3×3-10L package.